The Infinite Search...
Yesterday I wandered through the corridors of my soul,
asking the endless question:
Who am I? Who am I?
But the mirrors of the world gave no reply…
No, I found nothing at all.
I bowed before idols of stone,
I whispered in mosques of silence,
I knelt beneath stained glass light—
yet the heavens remained mute,
and I found nothing at all.
I turned the pages of the Puranas,
I traced the verses of the Qur’an,
I listened to the hymns of the Bible—
but the words dissolved into dust,
and I found nothing at all.
I argued with kings and prophets,
I debated with poets and sages,
I wrestled with tyrants and dreamers—
but their voices were only echoes,
and I found nothing at all.
I searched the web of wires,
I drowned in cups of forgetting,
I devoured books of wisdom—
but the stars kept their secret,
and I found nothing at all.
In dreams I saw Rama,
in dreams I saw Rahim,
in dreams I saw Jesus—
but they faded like mist at dawn,
and I found nothing at all.
Then I met a madman,
his laughter ringing like thunder in the void.
I asked him:
Who am I? Whose am I?
He smiled, and whispered:
You are stardust… the breath of galaxies.
You are a dream… woven in eternity.
You are a song… sung by the spheres.
You are color… painted on nebulae.
You are a traveler… walking the endless roads of time.
You are human… the heartbeat of humanity.
Yes, you are human… the heartbeat of humanity.
P. S. English translation of one of my old Marathi poem.. https://vipularwade.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_09.html?m=0
Vipul Arwade
22.07.2026
No comments:
Post a Comment